XCEL PowerPoint Presentation
KWANTLEN UNIVERSITY + SD35 = XCEL Program
Langley School District has entered into a partnership with Kwantlen Polytechnic University (Langley Campus) to provide students with the opportunity to complete one or two university courses, while finishing Grade 12. Students choose one course for the fall semester (September-December) and one for the winter semester (January-April).
Examples of available courses: Anthropology, Criminology, Sustainable Horticulture, Marketing, Music, Philosophy, Psychology, Sociology, Creative Writing, and Organizational Behaviour
All courses offered at Kwantlen can be used to complete the first year of a university degree or diploma. Students will receive dual credit (high school credit + post-secondary credit for all successfully completed Kwantlen Polytechnic University courses).
Participating students will receive additional support to access university for the first time and will be guided in the navigation of all aspects of their post-secondary experience.
· be in their final year of high school (e.g. Grade 12)
· be eligible for admissions to Kwantlen Polytechnic University
· be a high school student
· be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
· have a superior academic record (B standing in grade 11 English, Social Studies and either Math or Science)
· have demonstrated motivation and engagement in the learning environment (references from two current teachers)
· XCEL Application
Students accepted into the program:
· will pay the cost of their textbook and course materials ($100 per course)
· SD35 will pay the cost of tuition per course
· SD35 will pay the cost of University Student Fees (not to include bus pass or health card)
· KPU will waive the registration fee ($40)
For additional information, please speak to Ms. Kifiak or Mr. Juteau.
Information can also be viewed on our the Langley School District website
Application Deadline: All documents to Ms. Kifiak by Monday, April 29, 2019